Thursday, June 02, 2005

Abstrackt Keal Agram "Riviere"

Over at Said The Gramaphone (where Sean has posted 2 great tracks you should go get), there was some mentioned interest in Abstrackt Keal Agram. I tried to wax poetic and describe their sound as "like a more hip-hoppish "Dead Cities..." era M83. But, I dont really know if that does them justice, at all. So, sample it, and then tell me where I went wrong.

Abstrackt Keal Agram "Riviere" {Yousendit link, so left-click, please}

"Riviere" is a pretty amazing song, among the most exciting ones that I've stumbled across this year, unfortunately, getting their album here in K-Town is less than easy, hell, getting anything here is less than easy (Out of 3 major music stores, ONE of them got the new Sleater-Kinney album, and I managed to snag it before it went on the shelves, so I ration that I am the only man in Kelowna to own the new Sleater-Kinney album). But, once I get a job, it will be on my stuff to order list.

If you didn't do it already, you should go track down AKA's remix of M83's "Run Into Flowers" which turned an already great song into something transcendant. One of my top 5 songs from 2004.

1 comment:

sean said...

It DOES sound a lot like m83. I wish I liked m83 more. (I dig "America" and LOVE the bloc party remix they did.) I think I ought to see them live.

Thanks for that rockin context.